Delightful Foods wanted to bring high quality packaged European cakes to Indian consumers. They wanted to start with a market research and pre-feasibility study to get to know the viability of building a frozen dessert production plant in Mumbai. In terms of quality they wanted to do no concessions. They were looking for a western partner in business that oversees the enormous possibilities in the bakery industry in terms of; product, bakery techniques, systems and brands.
First we completed the bakery pre-feasibility study that gave insights on the needed investment, production capabilities, potential returns and details on project implementations, should the project move ahead.
Afterwards Integrated Bakery was engaged by Delightful Foods for the establishment of the bakery production facility (newly built facility) that consisted of; bakery product development, plan development, equipment procurement, installation management, commissioning and training of the production staff.
High hygienic standard is of great importance since it concern very often unbaked products were the chance for contamination is much higher.
- 15.000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art temperature controlled semi- automated bakery production facility in Mumbai
- In-house R&D lab and testing facilities
- A quality bakery equipment from Europe
- Emphasis on hygiene, safety & automation (European standard)
- Flexible system to process multiple types of products across various dessert categories
- Produces frozen and ambient cakes
- Continuous production capacity of 400 kg/hour; this can be increased to 600 kg/hour with minimal investment. And the facility is further scalable.
- Complete bakery inventory; mixers, automated assembly line, cake cutting machine, blast freezer, ovens, packaging machinery.
- Own water purifying installation